Bachelor of Pharmacy or B Pharma is a four-year undergraduate professional degree programme dealing with the study of medicine. The four-year course covers various subjects, such as pharmaceutical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmaceutics, human anatomy and physiology, and remedial biology. The programme also covers remedial mathematics, pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, pathophysiology, pharmacognosy, environmental sciences, pharmaceutical engineering, and medicinal chemistry over eight semesters.
The four-year B Pharma course specializes students in the usage and administration of medication. They gain expertise in the functions and interaction of drugs on the human body. B Pharmacy is consistently gaining popularity among students post the outbreak of the coronavirus disease. As the healthcare industry is booming, many students consider B Pharma admission for lucrative jobs and a bright future.
Below we have compiled every detail that can help you get into a top-ranked university to earn a B Pharma degree.
To apply for the course, students aspiring to pursue a B Pharmacy programme must fulfill basic admission requirements. The eligibility criterion for admission to B Tech courses are the following:
- Applicants must have completed the class 12 board exam.
- They must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics as core subjects in the class 12 board exam.
- They must have scored a minimum aggregate mark of 50 per cent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics combined.
- Universities admit students based on their performance in the entrance examination and on merit.
Please remember that the B Pharma eligibility criteria may vary depending on the institute. Students are recommended to check before moving forward with their application.
B Pharma Admission Process:
Many students are under the impression that they must take NEET to get admission to the B Pharmacy course. However, a separate entrance examination is conducted to secure admission to the B Pharmacy course. To enroll in the B Pharma course, students must take the CET examination.
Before applying to the course, students must ensure they fulfil the course’s eligibility criteria. If they meet all the requirements, here’s how they can get into a top-ranked university for B Pharma admissions:
- Candidates must shortlist the universities to which they want to apply.
- Visit universities’ websites to learn about their entry requirements and required documents.
- Go through the academic qualifications necessary to apply for the course.
- Learn about the entrance examinations they accept.
- If you meet the criteria needed for the course, submit your educational details.
- Submit the fee after approval of the application and documents.
- Once the fee is submitted, the receipt will be sent to students on their registered email ID.
Students can pursue various career options after completing the course. The average cost of earning a B Pharma course in India ranges between INR 40,000 and INR 5 lakh annually. Earning a B Pharma degree is a better return on investment. Apply to the course in top Indian universities now!