Decoding software is required to read copy-once / dubbing 10-protected recording discs dubbed with rental / commercially available Blu-ray / DVD or BD / DVD recorders. Since 2012, it is illegal to unprotect and copy optical discs. Please do not abuse the DVD copy software introduced in this article.
Rest assured that all the DVD data conversion software introduced here is free and free of advertisements and viruses. And most DVD copy software only temporarily disables the copy guard and does not affect the original DVD, so if you copy a rental DVD, it will not come out.
First of all, in conclusion, DVDFab HD Decrypter is recommended for beginners because they are easy to use, has abundant functions, and has few errors.
Points when selecting DVD copy software:
- Is it free copy software or is it paid?
- What is the supported OS? Is it Windows? Is it a Mac? Or both?
- Are there many types of copy guards supported? Doesn’t it correspond?
DVDFab HD Decrypter:
DVDFab HD Decrypter is a free simplified version of DVDFab DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper, and Video Converter. This is software that copies / rips BD / DVD for free and converts DVD / Blu-ray and general videos to MP4 and MKV.
Especially when it comes to copy protection, it’s super strong. However, only DVDs and Blu-rays released a year ago are supported, and you need to upgrade to the retail version to remove the copy protection of the latest DVDs.
Actually, DVDFab HD Decrypter is a trial version of DVDFab, so it has various restrictions than the commercial version. However, that is why we regularly update DVDFab HD Decrypter with an emphasis on UI simplicity, convenience of use, user feelings, and experiences.
There is also customer support, and you can easily find out version information and how to use it from the official website. Best of all, even the free version can process at high speed and has a compression function.
What DVDFab HD Decrypter can do?
Copy DVD / BD to blank disc / ISO / folder
Rip DVD / BD / general videos to mp4 or MKV
Official site: https://dvdfab.co.jp/hd-decrypter.htm
Supported OS: Windows 7 or later, MAC 10.10 or later version
- Compatible with both Windows and MAC
- Many types of compatible copy guards
- Blu-ray can also be copied and ripped to MP4
- Can handle all DVD / BD discs, ISO/folders, and general videos
- You can make basic settings such as trimming videos and adding watermarks.
- You can extract the entire disc, only the main story, or multiple titles and multiple chapters.
- You can select the output audio track and subtitles, edit the title, specify the DVD playback order, etc.
- Output disc type is limited to DVD9 / BD50, the video format is limited to mp4 and mkv
- Does not support the latest copy guard
- Not compatible with adult DVDs, VTS-protected DVDs, recorded DVDs
- Output video with up to 480p resolution
- The free version can only use third-party engines like IMG BURN
Differences between DVDFab HD Decrypter and DVD Decrypter:
DVDFab and DVD Decrypter are the same free-ripping software, but the software itself is different.
DVDFab HD Decrypter also supports BD copy and MP4 ripping can also write from DVD / BD, ISO to disc, and supports more copy guard types than DVD Decrypter.
DVD Decrypter is known as standard software for open source and DVD copy, and it does not have a compression function, and unlike other software, it can perform everything from ripping to DVD burning (Imgburn is required to use that function).
I have introduced various things, but I will introduce the easiest method.
The most common way to copy DVDs:
- DVD Decrypter (ripping) → DVDFab HD Decrypter / DVD Shrink (compression) → DVD Decrypter (writing)
- DVDFab HD Decrypter / DVD Shrink (ripping, compression) → DVD Decrypter (writing) -Rip and write with DVD Decrypter only
- DVDFab HD Decrypter (DVD / BD copy, convert to mp4 / mkv)
DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are old software that has already been developed and cannot support ripping to the latest protected discs. Also, depending on the drive, DVD Decrypter may cause an error before and after writing.
Read more about the Top 6 Best DVD Copy Software To Use Right Now