Magento, among all other eCommerce platforms, is destined to offer a better experience to frequent online shoppers. At the same time, it benefits the store owners by letting them run their businesses seamlessly in this competitive sector.
But over time, when the store grows and the customers’ expectations from your brand increase, you might have to bring in some more flexibility or features to the platform. And that is when you must hire Magento developer to get your custom extensions ready for integration.
Now, what are Magento extensions, and why are they important?
As the ultimate goal for any eCommerce business owner is to consistently improve the functionality of their store, Magento offers its users the flexibility of achieving it easily. The store owners can get dedicated extensions developed or choose the pre-developed options from the marketplace for introducing new features to their platform.
If you own a Magento store or are planning to start one, this article will give you an in-depth insight into the efficacies of its extensions and what you need to get them.
What is Magento 2 Extension?
A Magento 2 extension is defined as a code package that’s responsible for implementing a specific feature or function in your store. In technical measures, a Magento extension is a directory that has XML & PHP files in the controllers, blocks, models, and helpers relating to a specific feature.
Now, most people often confuse themselves between modules and extensions. Both modules and extensions do work towards enhancing the store’s functionality but are different in terms of definition. A module refers to the core code that’s part of Magento, whereas an extension is a packageable component integrated additionally to customize the store’s features.
How is Magento 2 Extension Development Approached by Professionals?
As you are an eCommerce business owner running your store on Magento, it becomes obvious for you to be curious about learning the approach of developers towards creating your Magento extension. So, the developers’ effort towards developing an extension involved steps such as:
- The professionals would first take enough time to understand the specific requirements of the clients. Following that, they will also assess the expectations of end-customers from your brand.
- Based on the collected information, developers would decide on the type of extension that would go well with your requirements and benefit the site.
- The research will also involve an assessment of the most demanding and most used extensions for similar businesses as yours.
- Competitor analysis will be the next approach for understanding the gaps they have, which can be filled through extensions on your store.
- Depending on all the assessment factors, experts will decide if an existing option from the Magento 2 marketplace can be used or if a new one needs to be developed.
- Upon deciding to develop an extension, experts will then specify the front-end and back-end necessities to approach the coding work.
- Coding best practices will be implemented to create the prototype of the extension. This prototype will then be executed to see if the planned approaches turn out to deliver successful extensions.
- Once the extension prototype is approved, the developers will then create the final product and check the utility of the extension.
- Tests will be run to determine the quality of the extension and ensure it meets your expectations.
- Compatibility will be checked to ensure the extension works feasibly in accordance with all the latest PHP versions of Magento.
- The requirement of updates or upgrades over time will also be addressed by the team of proficient Magento 2 developers.
What are the Types of Magento 2 Extensions Available Readily in the Marketplace for Your Inclusion?
When you hire Magento developer to create your extensions for the store, they will give you an option of either choosing the ones from a curated marketplace or getting a new one developed. They will set up recommendations only after assessing the goals you intend to achieve through the extension.
Some of the popular Magento 2 extensions available readily for integration into your store include:
1. Dynamic Labels Pro:
This extension will not just help scale the visual appeal of your Magento store but will also help you boost sales. The Dynamic Labels Pro extension will help you create eye-catching labels for the products to highlight them with unique elements. This will grab the attention of your targeted audience when they land on your store.
2. Speed Booster:
The Magento 2 Speed Booster extension helps optimize the responsiveness of your store. You will be able to reduce the loading time of your store and product pages, giving your customers an even better engagement experience.
When running an online business, attaining speed is very important for you to compete with your rivals in the industry. If your store can’t load within three seconds of clicking the URL, the bounce rate will increase. This Magento marketplace extension would help you prevent that!
3. Cloud Backup:
Magento 2 Cloud Backup extension is about facilitating your store to create a backup of all important data in the cloud storage. This will safeguard you from losing all your business-critical data accidentally.
You cannot take chances on risking your online store data, as that would cost you a big downtime, even if the platform undergoes minor disruptions. Therefore, this marketplace extension is a business-saver for your Magento store.
4. Google One Tap Login:
It is one of the most liked pre-developed marketplace extensions for Magento stores to ensure a smoother customer journey on your platform. Integrating this into your store will enable the customers to skip the long and complex login process and get into your store with just one click.
The Google Account button would be integrated into the login page of your store. Upon clicking on it, the customers won’t have to manually enter the basic sign-up details such as name, email, etc.
This was a brief insight into Magento extension development and how it can help your business scale. If you are about to get your Magento 2 store live anytime soon, get hold of some extensions to integrate powerful features. This would enhance your user experience quotient and get you more sales or traffic in the long run.
Hire a Magento developer today and discuss your requirements on what you intend to keep your customers hooked onto your store or prefer it over the competitors. Take suggestions from the experts, and make your Magento store stand out!